<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 21, 2004

Wha' happened? 

From this:




to this:


<


Once again, this colour isn't exactly right on my monitor. I think I need to unhinge my tight wallet and invest in some proper photoediting software that I can control colour levels and such for the display, but until then, trust me that there is way too much yellow in this photo. But anyway...

It's as if the dye knew I was originally going for artichoke colours and decided to dye itself in an artichoke heart colourway. It's hard to tell from the pics, but all the colours could be found in the artichoke I ate the night before, the darker muddy green of the boiled outer leaves, the lighter springy green of some internal leaves, the purply-pink of the stickery protection of the heart.

But very strange for it to turn out that way, as after I took the first picture, I did nothing, added nothing. The only explanation I can think of has to do with a chemical reaction between the pot and kool-aid dye/or a separation of colour components as I used a little bit of the Jacquard acid dye colour called "gunmetal" to mix with the lemonade kool-aid and it has a red/purple component to it.

And this is why dyeing can be both fun and/or frustrating for me, as I often get unpredictable results.

Completely unrelated to fiber: Have you ever wondered what would happen if you went through the first Harry Potter book and replaced the "d" in "wand" with "g" to make it "wang?" This person did, and produced such gems as: "He bent down and pulled his wang out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue."

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter
eXTReMe Tracker