<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

"Don't tease me about my hobbies; I don't tease you about being an asshole." 

We saw Garden State yesterday, and the above line struck me as highly useful.

Because of Lendrum envy caused by Nancy's extremely sound "impulse buy," I have been preparing my own sweet Audrey for the auction block. I was trying to do a bit of pricing research and came across
"Kromski mazurak wanted ; Used. Money or have Angora rabbits willing to trade.
thanks"
at the Spinner's and Weaver's Housecleaning Page and just thought that was funny. First, she doesn't take the time to proofread her ad, or doesn't know the name of what she wants. Second the image of fistfuls of rumpled cash OR fuzzy bunnies (unspecified amount of either so you have no gauge of whether or not this woman has realistic expectations). Third, she uses tripod to host her site of "business." So you know she's an idiot. That, and all the out-of-focus photos. I know angoras are fuzzy, but that doesn't mean the focus has to be.

Here's [scroll down to big pic] another example of bad salesmanship. That and the "crotched flowers." That face and "crotch" spell deal-breaker for me. Even if I wanted to wear a $45 self-watering planter on my head.

Speaking of "crotched flowers," I swung by The Grove at Juniper & 30th in South Park today and bought some Crystal Palace cotton chenille to make some flower washcloths for holiday presents. Let the madness begin.

While I was there I saw that she's stocking a line called Maggi's Knits. The mohair is supersoft, but the linen/cotton blend is incredible. Keep an eye out for it and you'll see what I mean.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter
eXTReMe Tracker