<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 07, 2004

"Time, time, time... 

...see what's become of me...hummmhummhum...la da da, da da dah...hazy shade of winter!"

"...and it's time, time, time that you learned..."

It's a schizophrenic state of mind when you have the Bangles' "Hazy Shade of Winter" and Tom Waits' "Time" duking it out in your head. All because I looked at my blog, looked at the date, and couldn't believe how fast this week is going by.

On Tuesday I had a job interview, Wednesday I was hired, Thursday was my first day, and I like it. I am now getting paid to work for the semi-local animal rescue and care center that I've been volunteering at since February. I'm still doing my volunteer work with the Education department and Animeals on Tuesdays, but working in the boarding facility Thursday through Sundays. Monday and Wednesday are school days. I did keep August 21st free though, so I'll be able to go to the FabFiberFest and embarrass myself in the spinning contest.

Anyway, more working time means less knitting time, and since I only found time to make the World's Ugliest Knitted iPod Caseā„¢ and I'm not so desperate to post knitting pics that I will share such hideous shame, I just thought I'd pop in to blather.

Check out this supercool watch for rich dorks.

I love thingeek.com.
Last Christmas, I took care of all my Christmass[consumerism] shopping with two stops: thinkgeek and heifer.org. I have to say, heifer.org is a great place to get those gifts for people that you have to get something for, but you don't really know them, don't know what they want, or they already have so much crap they couldn't possibly need another scented candle and lame fridge magnet. It's really an amazing program, and has lots of giving options.

Judging from this pic, all the Atkins' fever has really hit ol' McDonald's hard.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter
eXTReMe Tracker