<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Crivens! 

My IUD's back, but it feels kind of different. Maybe sunburned and covered in tanning oil? Who knows, but at least it's checked in and isn't burrowing through an inguinal wall.

We went to dog beach with our new family member the other day, and I actually remembered to bring and operate the camera for a moment.

So, without further ado, may I present "Crivens," the newest member of our happy dog family, my mother's dog (and so my sister?):



"Crivens!" is an exclamatory expression of the Nac Mac Feegle loosely translated as anything from "cripes" to "g'dammit" to "ay, I'm gon' give ye sich a kickin'!" Essentially "crivens" is a celebratory exclamation of the joys of life, from Terry Pratchett's robustly happy imagined blue tattooed wee free men.

Look at her digging those gorgeous long toes in the sand...she can't wait to be off and running. But it may be a year (if ever) that we've all bonded and can be trusted for allowing that.



She's about a year and a half old, so still very much a puppy.



She's not a small bitch, but not the largest, here's a pic next to Libélula and a hunched Nick for scale:



She's a lot of fun, and I can't wait to take a Head Start class with Tahoe, Mom with Crivens, and my brother Denny with Doog. And maybe Nick with Belu. I tell you, in our family, we know how to party.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter
eXTReMe Tracker