<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 03, 2005

I want tomorrow to be Saturday so bad I can taste it. 

Here's something crazy: I feel like I've been so busy lately, but when I stop and look back, I can't pin down what I'm so busy with.

But who cares? Here are my highlights:
#1: I got to meet Ande of Knit and the City (possessor of the coolest hair I know;)and her very cool Mom.

Guess what we talked about?

I guess I can never make fun of baby people again, with their endless stories of cutesy-wootsieness and horrific projectile eruptions from infantile orifices as that is the person I have become, with poop on my walls (moving on) and riveted by dinner conversation concerning the antics of and heartwrenching injuries of those little hairy mooks we love so much.

P.S. I love Ella's expression in that linked picture.

#2
Another week, another foster dog.

While I'm glad tomorrow will be Friday (and really do wish it was Saturday), I also don't want it to come, because it means giving this guy a bath and handing him over to the GAC transport team north. Look at those long toes grip that bone.



His name is Rumpelstiltskin (a name which Nick loves in all its pageantry, and I, well, I think it's a great name for the dog of a spinner, but the associated image of the fairy tale "manikin" disturbs me) and he is officially The Easiest Foster Dog Ever and a Fat Dorky Sweetheart Who Is Having a Growly Dream Right This Moment.

Check out his 90º angle tail. At some point it was broken, but he could give a sh*t about it and it has healed this way.



He went to the vet yesterday for his dental and unfortunately had some rotten teeth. Now he looks like a redneck.



Libélula drowns her jealousy of all this adoration of a being-too-large-to-have-its-ass-kicked in peanut-butter. Don't we all?



#3 We've actually seen some movies. "The Life Aquatic" (loved it, loved the music, and the funkiness though they should have gone back for the dog), "Napoleon Dynamite" (enjoyed it but I'm not quite sure what all the fuss was about, though I dig the "Pedro offers you his protection" line and the dance skit scene), and "The Woodsman." Generally, when we're going to shell out for entertainment, we want to laugh but NPR sold us on this one, and it certainly was thought-provoking. I liked that the main character was very open to interpretation, neither demonised nor heroicised, with archetypal elements of both woven into the story. Nick and I were cringing and flinching in dread while fearing, empathising, and loathing the character.

#4 Been reading a fair bit, no more really than usual, but since I'm plopping things down in numerical list form I scramble for what's to be found in the account of my daily life. MJ of Yummyyarn alerted me to this idea of reading 52 books in 52 weeks from Large Hearted Boy and I really dig the idea of getting it all down in my journal, so when I read back later I can say. Oh. I did read that. Why can't I remember it now?

So far this year I've read:
Fluke
The Miserable Mill
Choke
The Plot Against America

and I am reading:

The Cloud Atlas
Strong Motion
Reading Lolita in Tehran
Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell

and just received an order today containing:
Nickel and Dimed
Fast Food Nation
Birds Without Wings
The Austere Academy

and I am feeling a Herman Melville kick coming on for some reason. Probably because we have a dog named Billy Budd going to a home soon. There are a whole bunch of books already on our shelves in the "to read" list, so I won't enumerate them.

#5 I've been loving me some public radio. If you are a David Sedaris fan you shoud check out episode #214 of This American Life (apecifically beginning at 53:28 in the realaudio recording available from the site)for a new potty-humour oriented episode. I like how he groans like a little dog in his dramatic pauses.

#6. I have been knitting. I have been spinning. It's just not finished/interesting yet. Wanna see some undyed worsted weight handspun South African Fine Wool? Nah, didn't think so.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter
eXTReMe Tracker