<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 11, 2006

Wandering along 

For some reason, I just don't feel very bloggy lately. Rogue has been knitting up quite quickly although I've made some dumkopf moves--like forgetting how to read a chart, even though Wilson thoughtfuly alternated the position of the row numbers from left to right to call attention to the need to read from alternating directions when knitting flat. Pretty minor though, just had to rip back the 18 rows I knit before I realised what an idiot I was.

So here's where I was at at 3ish today:



Someone has already made it very clear that they really really like this sweater.



And I'm loving my yarn. Lucky thing, that.

Spinning

I've been spinning up the merino/possum blend my Mom brought back from New Zealand for us. I'm hoping to make a 2 ply worsted weight to do something comfy and cabled for Nick. It is prepared very differently from the Louet merino/silk and I am having to focus on adapting my spinning process to the new goals and the very different fiber. You know how you get in a groove of spinning fine? It can be a bad and tedious thing.

I've joined the Handweavers Guild of America. I have yet to build a Navajo style loom and get to accomplishing my weaving resolution, but I'm interested in the COE programs for dyeing and spinning. We'll see how interested I am after the materials books come, eh?

Other Stuff

I love this kid's sweater from knitty: Sherwood. This is a stitch pattern from one of Barbara Walker's Treasuries and I'd actually photocopied it to start swatching it for maybe an edging of a little sweater I'm doing, but it didn't seem quite right. I love it like this.

Cute socks in the issue too.

Dog Stuff

Nope, nowhere near replacing my belovéd and much missed bedshark, but still kind of cute. ;p



Tahoe digs her.



Belu wishes she'd walk off a cliff but it means she's a little nicer to Tahoe around the house. You'd never guess how much she loves to bite him when they're out and about.





She still practices her ninja skills around the house though, sneaking up on unsuspecting yum-yums.



We've let Pomona offleash at a local fenced in park and she actually has a recall. She will come to me, bouncing with joy on her face. We won't be trying her in unfenced areas any time soon, but it makes me happy to see her squirreling around across the grass and then actually coming when called. Good girl.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter
eXTReMe Tracker