<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

This is the End, well pretty much. Mostly anyway. I think. 

The Rogue is done.



I was disappointed with it because I was a dumb@ss and didn't listen to whoever it was (I think it was Jessimuhka, but I've gone back through my comments and couldn't find exactly) who said to make everything longer. Being such a schmartypantz I looked at the schematic and measured myself and said, "nah, that'll be fine."

But perhaps the schematic included the length of the hems because when I sewed it all together and tried it on pre-hem stitching, the length WAS perfect, WITH the hems out. When I sewed the hems up, it was about two inches too short. D'oh.

The lack of the length in the body wasn't crucial, it does hit at a fairly flattering spot, which I think can be tricky in something so slumptastic as a sweatshirt, but I cannot stand to have my knobby wristbones showing under a sweater sleeve gap, it looks freakish. Unlike our friend the male platypus, my offensive poisonous spines are in my forelegs and I prefer to keep them covered when I'm cold.

I contemplated cutting the sleeves around the elbow, knitting the extra length and then grafting it back. But the prospect of dealing with the seam...I wussed out. I ended up just blocking the crap out of it.

Which makes the arms appear thinner, and as I wear it and my body kind of humidifies it and I move around the sleeves sneak back up...but it is still a comfortable compromise I can live with. Although you'll see a blocked those bad boys out unevenly. Oops.

'Scuse me while I bust a move.


This here's a tale for all the fellas
Try to do what those ladies tell us
Get shot down cause you're overzealous
Play hard to get an' females get jealous



A chick walks by you wish you could sex her
But you're standin on the wall like you was Poindexter



Says she wanna dance cus she likes the groove
So come on fatso and just bust a move




If you want it baby you've got it...
If you want it baby you've got it...
Just bust a move!



You're on a mission and you're wishin'
someone could cure your lonely condition
You're lookin for love in all the wrong places

No fine girls just ugly faces




My gauge changed between swatching and actual knitting, from the requisite 4.5 sts/in to 5 sts/in, which isn't huge, but did snug it in a bit. The sleeves might have fit better I suppose had I had that extra couple of stitches at the chest and shoulders. My row gauge was still right on so I didn't fuss about it.

I still have 204 yards/186.5 meters (3.2 oz/90.7 grams) left of the 1276 yards/1166.8 meters I spun up for the project. My Rogue is light and skooshy and warm and weighs 14.8 oz/419.5 grams. Who says that knit sweatshirts have to be heavy?
It is possible to get light lofty yarn from top!

The End of the Spaazlicious Road?

So I have finally done the thing which I started this blog to document nearly three years ago, the spinning and knitting of the Rogue.

I must say, I got a little distracted and didn't document it very well. ;)

I'm not going to stop blogging, I like it. Nick likes it. My family likes it. But I think I'm going to move it over to my poor abandoned wordpress shop blog. I never really gave that thing a chance, and so much of what I talk about here I wanted to talk about there, but didn't want to double post. And there was some stuff here I wasn't sure I wanted to be associated with over there--flabgina anyone? But now that I've finished completed the goal of this blog, I'm ready to move on over. Well, not just yet. The shop blog is bare and blah and has no links, it definitely needs to be spiffed up first. I just wasn't sure how much I was going to take over there with me from Spaazlicious.

I chose this name on a whim. Did some searches and at that time no one had it, or any similar play on the Spaaz theme in its various spellings, so I signed up for blogger and slowly learned some html and other requisite bloggy skills. I have grown attached to it, but it is potentially offensive. Of course everything is potentially offensive, but I'm not sure if it's business appropriate, even in the casual world of this "hobby market." So after I move, should I go back to Tortuga? I can't just be Wendy--I'd feel like I was pretending to be one of the real Wendys, as silly as that sounds. Maybe I should take the moniker Mary-Kay has bestowed upon me, WendySpin. I think I'm also called Wendy Spaaz or Spaaz Wendy a few places.

Maybe I should just be Wendy Black and leave the alter ego identities to the superheroes.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter
eXTReMe Tracker